A house or other building consists of the foundation, or basement, the walls and the roof. However, if you really think about it, it will not stand without a good roof. Today, there are many programs on television that show people purchasing distressed houses, remodeling them and the selling at a profit. However, have you noticed that they always call in professionals to re-do the roof?
DIY Roof Problems
There are many reasons not to attempt roof repairs, or replacements, yourself. These include:
• Roofs are steep – easy to fall off
• Properly placing roof material is essential for adequate weather protection
• Proper underlay is a must
• Installing flashing requires special skills
• There is no warranty on work and/or sometimes on self-installed roofing
• It takes too much time that could be spent elsewhere
• Can advise the best covering for your roof
• Have expert roofers who can install a roof quickly
• Offer consultation on types of roofing available
• Offer installation warranty and materials warranty
• Provides choice of roofing costs
• Will provide information regarding energy savings
Most Popular Roofing Materials
When considering different types of materials available for a new roof today there are a variety of choices.
• Flat Roof (commercial buildings)
This involves gluing a membrane to a solid base, or to a base with a membrane which has been attached with roofing screws, and then covering with another material.
• Metal Roof
This roofing is available in sheets or shingles. It is long lasting and offers 40% reduction in energy bills during the summer and 15% reduction in energy bills during the winter.
• Spray-on Roof(commercial buildings)
Foam is sprayed directly on the roof base and then coated with an acrylic or urethane, followed by a covering of sand or crushed rock.
• Cool Roof (flat or steep roof)
Used on both commercial and residential buildings, this has become popular with those who wish to be energy efficient. It consists of grass and plants planted on the roof.
• Asphalt Shingles
The favorite with many people, they are available in many colors, are fairly inexpensive and are fireproof.
• Wooden Shingles or shakes
Made of the very best woods, these have been the first choice of people for many years. Those made of red cedar are known to last up to 30 years. Proper installation is essential if they are to perform at peak efficiency.
• Rubber shingle
Made of mostly of re-cycled rubber, this roof has an average live of 50 years.
• Ceramic Tile
This is a roofing that is not only long lasting (up to 100 years) but adds that ‘extra’ that is needed to make a home reach its highest potential. This type of roofing is expensive and must be installed by a roofing contractor.
At Capital Roofing LLC, we are devoted to providing our customers with the best roofing system possible that will fit their budget and their needs. We provide a wide variety of roofing choices as well as the best roof installers in the business. Give us a call today at (866) 784-5300 or fill out or online form to the right of this page or at https://www.capitalroofingct.com/get-a-quote/ to find out more about our free estimate and the many types of roofing we have to offer.